- Poor indoor air quality has been linked to a wide variety of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, asthma, allergies, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, weight gain, internal organ damage and respiratory infections.
- Did you know there are up to 900 chemicals in indoor air?
- Today’s building construction practices means buildings of all kinds are more airtight and energy saving than ever. As a result, we trap potentially irritating and harmful substances such as chemicals, odors, pollen, smoke, bacteria, mold spores, animal dander and numerous other irritants inside our homes.
- Air inside the home can be as much as 100 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- People spend as much as 90% of their time indoors.
- About 25 million people, including 7 million children, have asthma.
- Over 12 million people report having an asthma attack in the past year.
- Asthma accounts for nearly 17 million physician office and hospital visits, and nearly 2 million emergency department visits each year.
- Direct costs accounted for nearly $6 billion ($5.7 billion in medications and $300 million in office visits).
- Anyone who has asthma, no matter your age, is at greater risk of having serious flu-related complications, which can result in hospitalization or death.
Control indoor air quality. Install a GeneralAire TERSus, MAC or AC Air Cleaner today.
Control humidity with a GeneralAire humidfiier or dehumidifier.
Ensure your home is ventilated with an ERV or HRV. Feel better.