How do you calculate shipping and handling charges?
Shipping charges are calculated using the applicable carriers current rates, using shipping location and weight of item purchased.
How long will it take to get my order?
The total time it will take to receive your order is based on product availability, processing time, your shipping location and the shipping transit times. We do everything we can to get your product to you as fast as possible.
Can I get expedited shipping?
Yes. We provide expedited shipping at an extra charge. If you require expedited shipping, call us toll free at (866) 476-5101 PRIOR. Typically we simply take your order over the phone to ensure your order is shipped as you wish, as our online ordering doesn’t currently allow you this option.
What shipping carriers do you use?
Your order will be shipped USPS-Priority Mail. We've found this to be the best value to you and provides additional benefits:
- USPS-Priority Mail allows you to have your package held with your other mail while out of town. Other carriers will leave it sitting outside your door or require you to come to their location to pick up your package.
- USPS-Priority Mail is as reliable and fast as other carriers.
- USPS-Priority Mail reaches over 90% of the United States within 2-3 days.
- For smaller items, you are not penalized for being further away from our offices than another zip code. Smaller packages are sent using a standard-sized USPS package/box and are charged at a single, standard rate no matter the USA destination.
- USPS-Priority ships on Saturdays at no extra cost.
- There may be a rare occasion we would ship via a different carrier when we find it benefits YOU.
CALL Your Order In, Toll Free (866) 476-5101, in the Following Circumstances:
- To request a different carrier other than USPS Priority.
- If you need overnight delivery.
Do you ship to a PO Box?
- Regular Orders Shipped US Mail - Yes (For non-expedited orders, you may use a PO Box) only if the item ordered is small enough to fit in your box.
- Regular Orders Shipped Fed Ex and UPS - No (Fed Ex & UPS do not ship to a PO Box).
- Expedited Delivery - No (Fed Ex & UPS are the carriers and do not ship to a PO Box).
Do you supply tracking information for my order?
Unfortunately, our current shipping via USPS does not provide this capability.
Do you ship outside the USA?
Unfortunately we do not ship outside the USA. If you live in Canada, however, contact our Canadian offices at (888) 216-9184.
Do you require a signature upon delivery?
Do you charge Sales Tax?
We charge tax for Michigan shipping locations only.
Can I change my shipping address after I have already submitted my online order?
Once you have submitted your order we quickly work to process and ship your purchase to you. For this reason, we cannot change the shipping address previously submitted with the order. Please be sure of your shipping address before submitting your order.
What happens if I receive a different item than what I ordered?
Call us toll free at (866) 476-5101. Depending on the product ordered, you may be issued an RMA # and asked to return the item in its original packaging and condition, along with the RMA# listed on a copy of your invoice. We will pay all shipping costs for your return.
We will also pay all shipping costs associated with sending the correct item to you and will do our best to get the correct order to you as quickly as we can.
What happens if I discover I ordered the wrong item after I received my order?
Complete our RMA form online at www.generalfilters.com (found by clicking on "returns" at the top of our web page). If a return is approved, you will be issued an RMA # and asked to return the item in its original packaging and condition. The RMA# must be included on the outside of your package, and inside on a copy of your invoice / original purchase receipt.
During the call you may also place an order for the correct item. At that time you will be asked to pay for the new item and shipping costs.
Once we have received your return, we may perform tests to be sure it is in good working order and its exterior unblemished. Once the item is determined to be in good working condition and unblemished, we will issue a refund (generally, within 14 days after receipt of your return).
Depending on the condition of the packaging and item, we reserve the right to charge up to a 20% restocking fee. Please be sure to review your cart online carefully before submitting your order.
Our Policies May Change
Efforts to bring new services, ideas and partners to benefit our customers may make it necessary to amend our Policies. If this occurs, we will post the new policy on our website. Once posted, the new policy will go into effect immediately, replacing any previously stated policy. Your use of our website constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
If you have any questions regarding our Shipping Policy, we will do our best to answer them. Here's how to contact us:
Toll Free: (866) 476-5101
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm EST
Write Us or Visit In Person At:
General Filters, Inc.
43800 Grand River Ave.
Novi, MI 48375