Are you looking for the best whole house humidifier for your home? When many people think of humidifiers, they often think of the portable humidifiers that emit a warm mist to add moisture to the air in a single room. However, there are other humidifiers that offer better protection, as they cover the entire square footage of your home.
With a whole-house humidifier, you can prevent:
- dry skin
- cracked or damaged woodwork
- dry sinuses
- asthma and allergy triggers
Types of Residential Whole-House Humidifiers
With multiple residential whole house humidifier options available, you’re sure to find a great fit for your home! Currently, General Filters offers steam, evaporative bypass, and fan-powered evaporative humidifiers. All of these have different benefits, including coverage area, automatic shutoff, balanced humidity, and more! They utilize your forced-air furnace and ductwork to deliver humidity throughout your home, improving the health and comfort in your home.
The GeneralAire® Model 5500 steam humidifier is an electrode-style humidifier, offering clean, sterile steam. The 5500 protects your family and home by maintaining desired humidity levels; ideally between 40 & 60%RH. The 5500 covers a 5,500 square foot home, making it a great option for larger homes. Maintenance involves a yearly replacement of the cylinder at the start of the heating season. For more information about our steam humidifier, visit our page here!
Steam Humidifier Features
- One unit for both 115 & 230 V installations
- One cylinder for regular and low water conductivity
- Spark-plug-style wire connectors for easy cylinder replacement
- Enhanced, easy-to-read control module
- Single captive-screw cover release for easy access
- Prevents dropping, losing screw in dark spaces or under the furnace
- Water tempering for safety
- Includes installation kit and heavy duty, pre-drilled metal mounting straps that allow for installation to wall studs
- Includes a GFX4 Automatic Humidistat (controls the furnace blower motor)
GeneralAire® evaporative, whole-house humidifiers create humidity by passing hot air from your furnace through a water-soaked Vapor Pad® evaporating the water to provide humidity. Bypass humidifiers allow left or right mounting on your furnace, utilizing the ductwork to deliver humidity throughout your home. Several model selections are available for homes up to 4,200 square feet.
As air dries, woodwork throughout your home can crack and become damaged. If you have wood floors, wooden musical instruments, or expensive wooden artwork, evaporative humidifiers can provide protection of these assets throughout the home. Whole house models mean less messy maintenance, optimal moisture output, auto shutoff, and a humidistat to control your home humidifier. For more information about our evaporative humidifier visit our page here!
Evaporative Humidifier Features
- Low-profile cover that forces air directly through the Vapor Pad® at its warmest point
- Stainless steel distributor tube for cold or hot water supply
- Redesigned cover and chassis to direct hot furnace air directly through the Vapor Pad®
- Reduced Vapor Pad® frame for maximum pad exposure
- Left or right bypass installation option
- Left or right solenoid valve installation option
- Easy Maintenance with snap-in-place, easy lift-off cover
- Sturdy two-piece Vapor Pad® frame that easily pulls apart to release & replace the Vapor Pad®
Evaporative, Fan Powered Humidifier
Similar to evaporative humidifiers, but with a fan inside that pulls heated air from the furnace through the Vapor Pad® to enhance the evaporative process. Options accommodate homes up to 3,000 square feet. For more information about our evaporative & fan humidifier visit our page here!
Evaporative & Fan Powered Humidifier Features:
- UV - stable automotive grade plastic
- Patented water distribution system to ensure maximum evaporative performance
- Shut-off damper
- Humidity control device
Explore the Benefits of A Residential Whole-House Humidifier Today!
In 1937, General Filters began as a home business right here in Detroit. Today, it's our privilege to help thousands of families and businesses throughout North America achieve better indoor air quality.
Residential, whole-house humidifiers help prevent dry air and keep your family breathing healthier all year 'round. If you’re ready to add one to your home, contact us today for more information about our great options!
Designed for ease of installation and maintenance, the GeneralAire® steam humidifier 5500 protects your family and home by providing constant humidity levels. One model is all you need for 115V or 230V power supply; regular or low water conductivity. Install the most sophisticated technology in the market for homes up to 5,500 square feet. Includes installation kit and a 5-Year Warranty.
GeneralAire® evaporative whole-house humidifiers utilize hot air from your furnace traveling through a water-soaked Vapor Pad® to provide humidity to your home . Four model selections are available for homes up to 4200 square feet. "M" models include the MHX3C manual control humidistat. "A" models include the GFX3 automatic humidistat. Carries a 5-year warranty.
GeneralAire® whole house evaporative and fan-powered humidifiers provide humidity to your entire home, as hot air from your furnace passes through a water-soaked Vapor Pad® within the humidifier. Models include a manual-control MHX3C humidistat. Accommodates homes up to 3,000 Sq. Ft. and includes a 5-Year Warranty (10-Year Warranty for Model 1000).