- My UV Light does not work, yet it is turned on.
- My PCO2450 is making a "hissing" noise.
- My PCO2450 is arching.
- I smell an ozone odor.
For your safety, we recommend all repairs be performed by a licensed contractor.
My UV Light does not work, yet it is turned on.
- Check the circuit breaker or fuse. If you find the circuit breaker switch has been tripped, reset.
- Have your licensed contractor check the wiring to ensure it is properly connected.
- You may have a defective power switch.
My PCO2450 is making a "hissing" noise.
- This can be caused by internal cell contacts that are not touching the plates. Test contacts and repair.
- There may not be enough voltage on the collecting cell. Adjust high voltage potentiometer counter-clockwise on power board.
My PCO2450 is arching.
- The cells may be wet from washing. Allow cells to dry completely before turning unit on.
- Particles may be lodged in the cells, or you may have a broken ionizing wire. Remove any particles and replace wire where necessary.
- Your voltage to the unit may be too high. Adjust high voltage potentiometer on power board clockwise.
- Internal contact of cells may be out of alignment. Realign to ensure cell contact.
I smell an ozone odor.
- The cell plates may be bent or dirty. Clean if necessary, or straighten bent cells with needle nose pliers.
- You may have a loose or broken ionizing wire. Replace if needed.
- The incoming voltage is higher than 120 V. Adjust high voltage potentiometer clockwise on power board.
- The cells might be dirty. Wash if necessary.